Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rookie 1st class Rookie 1st class is offline

Default Force display to round down

Only thing I can think of involves adding a helper cell that rounds down. The
original cell could even be hidden.
Lou

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:55:14 -0400, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:42:37 -0700 (PDT), chuckm wrote:

Hi,
Is there a way to force the display format to always round down?

If I put a number in a cell...say 15.6, and I set the display format
to have zero decimal places, the display is 16 (rounded up) and the
cell value is still 15.6. Is there a way to have the displayed
format always round this down....so that in this case the display
would be 15 and the value would continue to be 15.6?

thanks
chuck

I do not believe that is possible.
--ron

If you could store the value in one cell, and display it in another, then the
display cell could use the Floor or Rounddown function, as appropriate.
--ron