Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Unzip all encrypted files in a folder with known passwords

If you look at this site:
http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html
(just did a google search for
commandline for winzip password
and it was one of the topmost hits)

This line:
ShellStr = PathWinZip & "Winzip32 -min -e" _

Can be changed to:
ShellStr = PathWinZip & "Winzip32 -min -e -sSecretPassword" _
or if you need to put quotes around the password:
ShellStr = PathWinZip & "Winzip32 -min -e " _
& "-s" & Chr(34) & "SecretPassword" & Chr(34) _

(Untested, uncompiled. You may have to play with the syntax.)

Matilda wrote:

Hi Dave,

This is the code I am using. http://www.rondebruin.nl/unzip.htm

I can't see an opportunity for passing the password as a parameter here -
which isn't to say it isn't there!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm not sure what code of Ron's you're using, but isn't there an option to
include the password--well, if you're using the winzip commandline version of
the code.

Matilda wrote:

Dear Gurus,

I found the link to Ron de Bruin's excellent code for unzipping files in
this discussion group and it works brilliantly.

I now have the need to unzip some archived files which were initially
encrypted for email transmission. I have the passwords, and have written the
code up to the point of passing the password. Cannot find reference to this
problem anywhere on the net (wonder why :-)) ) but since my need is strictly
ethical, thought I would post it here.
As things are, I run my code, then sit and tap <ctrl v <enter each time
the prompt appears for each file opened. Erk.

Any alternatives?

TIA,

Matilda

--