Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RogerM[_3_] RogerM[_3_] is offline

Default How can I prompt user to select item and use as a variable

This is probably really easy, but I'm not figuring it out.

I have a macro that manipulates a spreadsheet. At the end of that process I
want to save the spreadsheet to a specific location with a specific name.
i.e.

Dim strMonth as String
Dim strPath as String

strMonth = InputBox("ask user to insert Month of report, i.e. January")
strPath = "S:\Management Reports\2009\StatusSummary_" & _
strMonth & ".xlsx"

Of Course, I don't want to use an InputBox since the user might not enter
the month correctly. I think I want a ComboBox that the user can select
from, but it would have to be created with VBA as the spreadsheet the user
will be working with is actually a csv file output from another program.

In addition to forcing the selection of a particular month by the user, I
need to check to make sure that filename isn't already in the destiation
folder.

For that I've come up with

If Not objFSO.FileExists(strPath) Then

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= strPath, FileFormat:= _
xlOpenXMLWorkbook, CreateBackup:=False

End If

But if the file does exist, I don't want the user to be presented with the
option of overwriting the existing file. How do I suppress the "file
exists" message box and prompt the user to take a different course of action
instead?

~ Roger