Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Variable types

Few more..which helps in the long run especially when you are trouble
shooting or modifying an exisitng code.

Name your variables as to reflect the type and the use. For example lngRow
would reflect that it is Long and hold the Row number. lngCol would reflect
that it is Long and hold the Column number. Similarly if you are using a
temporary variable say lngTemp.

wkbMaster to denot Workbook
wksNames to denot Worksheet
Prefix int to denote Integer
Prefix dbl to denot Double
Prefix bln to denot Boolean and so on..........

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi,

I'm a bit of a dabbler with VBA, I use a combination of recorded code,
snippets from the web and user groups and (thankfully) code supplied in
answers here.
At the moment I'm trying to learn a bit about referring to ranges as I'm
hoping to use Offset in some work. The site I'm looking at is
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...your_vba_code/

I'm totally confused about variables and DIM statements but understand the
reasons for using Option Explicit (I hope).

So my problem is that I've copied a bit of code from the website and don't
know how to dim the variables. I could spend all day trying various different
things but I was hoping that if I came here I could get some help and maybe
someone could explain the why of it too.

Here's the code

Sub FillRange2()
Num = 1
For Row = 0 To 9
For Col = 0 To 9
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Offset(Row,Col).Value = Num
Num = Num + 1
Next Col
Next Row
End Sub