Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
yosuke kimura yosuke kimura is offline

Default avoid recalculating user-defined function when file opened

Hello,
I use Excel 2003 on Windows XP (SP2?)

Is there a way to not let Excel to recalculate values for the cells
which contains user defined function?

When i open a file that contains my user defined function (which
exists in the module of the file which has the function), it
mommentallily shows "#NAME?" in the sheet and then the value pop up in
less than a second. That is fine if i have only one cell with
formula, but I intend to use the cell many places. I want to excel
to remember the value when the file got saved/closed, and do not
recalculate unless its precedents got changed. Just like any native
Excel functions behave.

As a note, I dont have application.volatile in my user-defined
function, and I don't want to change automatic calculation property of
the excel it self (I want always keep it on)

Thank you very much,