Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Syntax errot

Success!! A13 is a cell address.

Thank you

The 'and' or was my error. I saw that only 'or' would give a correct
answer for all conditions.

Thanks again,

Ed English

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:54:34 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

Is A13 the name of a variable? Or is it a cell address? If a cell address,
then the assignment lines should look like this...

Range("A13").Value = "fail"

and similar for the "pass" assignment line also. As for "and" versus "or"...
I just used the logical operator you showed in your original posting (only
you know what kind of test you are performing and what the results of that
test mean).