Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BOSS BOSS is offline

Default Add up to zero

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... But what i want is something different.

Col A Col B
23 34
4456 4417
5687 39
56 234
235 567
-56 23

For example we have two columns Col A and Col B.

Now +56 in Col A should get shaded with -56 of Col A

and

+23 of Col A should get shaded with +23 of Col B
+4456 of Col A should get shaded with (4417+39) of Col B

I feel this as tuff, but please help me with some clue so that i can move
forward in coding.

Thanks!
Boss

"PJFry" wrote:

"Boss" wrote:

I have two columns populated with numbers. Few numbers are positive and few
are negative.

I need to add these numbers together and bring the total to zero.

Are you saying that you need to force the total of A1:B1 to zero by changing
one of the two cells?

If total of any number of cells of column one is equal to the total of any
number of cells of second column then i

need to shade those cells.

Are you saying that if the value in cell A1 = B2 then shade both those cells?

I can do bit of coding in excel, please help me with a code or login to this
situation.

PJ