Dave Peterson

Maybe you have an addin that contains a homegrown =Evaluate() function.

They're pretty common around here.

Usually, developers write them to evaluate a string.

In A1:A3 (for instance)
a1 = 3
a2 = +
a3 = 5

=evaluate(a1&a2&a3)

could return 5--but it really depends on what the author of the function did.

If you have an addin that you load (maybe downloaded from the web), maybe it's
one of the functions in that. If you think you know that addin's name, post it
and I'm sure someone can be more specific.

=======
And there is an Evaluate that can be used in VBA--but I didn't guess you meant
that.

"Frank H." wrote:

I have looked on the internet but can't seem to find much
information on Excel's EVALUATE Function. I see it being
used but don't seem to have it in my function list with
Excel 2003. Can someone provide an explanation of the
EVALUATE function i.e. what it does, a little history,
etc. Thanks for your help.

--

Dave Peterson