Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
donwb donwb is offline

Default How to format ListBox columns

Hi Kassie,
Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my question,
but the column I'm referring to is a column in a ListBox,
so the formatting needs to be done via VBA code,
or via the settings for the ListBox.
Also the same applies to the ListBox column width
fitting the widest entry.
donwb

"Kassie" wrote in message
Select the list cell, click on Format Cells, Number, tick Use Thousands
seperator, and allow 2 decimals.

To fir for widest entry, move cursor to the column heading. If you want
eg adjust column G, move your cursor to the line between G and H. It will
change shape to a vertical line with horizontal arrows. Double click and
you're done.

"donwb" wrote:

How can I format a Listbox column containing numbers to include
2 decimal points including zeros and thousands separators-
eg the source data is formatted to read 1,234.20 but
this is reproduced in the ListBox column as 1234.2 and
1,234.00 as just 1234
Also , how can I set the width of a column containing text
to fit the widest entry.
Any help would be appreciated.
donwb