Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default I want to sum all data values in a row EXCEPT the lowest two

Something like this would certainly work:
=SUM(LARGE(A1:A10,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}))

HTH,
Ryan
--
Ryan---

"taj" wrote:

Hello everyone.

I am a new college math instructor, and I am using Excel to keep track of my
students' grades. I would like to be able to sum all the data values in a
particular row except for the lowest two values. (It's easy enough to leave
off the lowest value using the MIN function, but what about the lowest AND
the second lowest). I know I should be able to figure this out on my own,
but I just can't seem to be able to do it!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!