Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mac Mac is offline

Default Conditionally-like formatting just a part of a cell

Hello,

assume my cells ( e.g. A1:E10) are filled with words ( i.e. one word per one
cell); I want to find specific character groups, so if I am looking for a
group 'eel' and a cells contains 'peeling', I want that "eel" part to get
formatted. How could I go about this? In the next step, I would like to
obtain the character group to search for from a specific cell, like in -
"take the contents of F1 and search for it through A1:E10, if it is found,
format that part of a cell contents". Can anyone help?