Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Creating a collection of visible worksheets

Your question is a little confusing, since the code you posted does
eliminate the hidden sheets. It probably takes a gigasecond for the
compiler to see that a sheet is not visible with the code currently used.

"Rich" wrote in message
I need to search for data contained on certain worksheets. My current
method
is this:

dim wks as worksheet
For Each wks in ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
if wks.name like "Data (*)" and wks.visible = xlSheetVisible
***now I collect my data***

My question is....
I have quite a few pages (15 to 18 min...maybe more) that are hidden, but
have to cycle thru them because they are part of "ThisWorkbook". Although
this really does not take much time, I'd like to have a cleaner way. Is
there a simple way of creating a collection of only the VISIBLE worksheets
in
the ThisWorkbook - thus reducing the number of worksheets I need to
iterate
thru in the "For Each" loop??

Taking it a step further....creating a collection of visible worksheets
whose name matches the criteria I define??

Thanks!!!