Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default Date Variable

Dim n1 As Double, n2 As Double
' Convert a string which appears to be a date to a double
n1 = CDbl(CDate("1/1/2009 12:00 AM"))
' Convert a date value to a double. CDate is used here for consistency.
n2 = CDbl(CDate(#1/1/2009#))

' Since this is already a date, CDate is not needed, so this could be
alternately:
'n2 = CDbl(#1/1/2009#)

Debug.Print n1 & vbLf & n2
Debug.Print n1 = n2

' Or your example:

Dim curmth As String, prvmth As String, dt As Date

curmth = Format(Date, "mmm-yy")
prvmth = Format(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date) - 1, 1), "mmm-yy")

n1 = CDbl(CDate(curmth))

ActiveCell.Value = curmth
dt = CDate(ActiveCell.Value)

n2 = CDbl(CDate(dt))

Debug.Print n1 & vbLf & n2
Debug.Print n1 = n2

--
Tim Zych
http://www.higherdata.com

"Ranjith Kurian" wrote in message
I have created the below variable to get current month and previous month

curmth = Format(Date, "mmm-yy")
prvmth = Format(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date) - 1, 1), "mmm-yy")

and i have made my active cell to value2
dt = Cells(i, 4).Value2

So the active cell convert the date to values/numbers, i need to compare
my
above variable with the activecell, as the format are different i am
unsucceful in this.

Could someone advise me how to change my variables(curmth and prvmth) to
values/number (example: 3/9/2009is the date and the number for that is
39881)