Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pierre62 Pierre62 is offline

Default Conditional formatting ™£ ™¦ ™¥ ™* NT

Hello Rick,

I still have problems with the code you gave me.
Not the macro but the other one.
I made a new workbook with one worksheet.
I have put the non-macro in the ThisWorkbook sheet.
I deleted several comluns at one time and then Excel is working over and over.
When I hit the Esc key I select the "debug/error" button (I work with a duch
version) this line is colored yellow:

For X = 1 To Len(R.Value)

so I suppose there is the reason why it takes so long.
I hope you have the same and will be able to fix it.
If you don't have it, do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Pierre

This is the code I use:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
Dim X As Long
Dim R As Range
For Each R In Target
R.Characters.Font.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexAutomatic
For X = 1 To Len(R.Value)
Select Case AscW(Mid(R.Value, X, 1))
Case 9824 'Spade symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 23
Case 9827 'Club symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 10
Case 9829 'Heart symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 3
Case 9830 'Diamond symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 45
End Select
If X 1 Then 'SA text
If Mid(R.Value, X - 1, 2) = "SA" Then
R.Characters(X - 1, 2).Font.ColorIndex = 7
Next
Next
End Sub