Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Why so many "Service Temporarily Unavailable" errors here?

hi
i know it's not google. google is getting it's info streight from microsoft.
that was the point i was trying to make...a bit poorly perhaps. but like i
said....
it's microsoft. again!

sigh.
FSt1

"JoeU2004" wrote:

"FSt1" wrote:
i tried switching to google groups but it's screwed up
to. shows the replies to posts but not the original post.

And sometimes not the replies. I don't think the problem is with Google
Groups per se. I think the problem is with the MS browser interface. Posts
to the MS news server using OE seem to get to the Google Groups news server
just fine. Of course, I cannot say that with impunity. There could random
variables to consider; and arguably, Google Groups could be filtering based
on various network path fields, which I'm not in a position to spoof. But
considering how screwed up the MS browser interface is, there seems to be a
higher probability that it's the culprit.

This has been going on for years. But it seemed more intermittent in the
past.

Be that as it may, we're stuck with it. So I'm now using OE to access the
MS news server directly.