Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ker_01 ker_01 is offline

Default Why so many "Service Temporarily Unavailable" errors here?

I get the same, as well as frequent search errors (it can't find posts that
I'm staring at in the list of posts on page 1). In addition, the user
interface is poorly designed (I've been unable to sort results by date,
unable to cross-post, etc.). Unfortunately, unlike JLG, I am unable to use
NNTP (corporate firewall) so I'm stuck with this interface. If you are able,
I definitely suggest Outlook Express or even a 3rd party like XNews to read
these groups.

I submitted my 'suggestions' to MS yesterday via the "contact us" link (I
had to go to the main MS link because the one at the bottom of the newsgroup
page returned a dead link for me). I have no idea whether this web interface
is being updated or improved based on usability factors, but I can hope...

Keith

"Grandpa Mark" wrote:

I'm accessing these groups thru the MS web interface at:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
...and as I'm trying to navigate the web pages to previous discussions, I'm
getting a whole lot of "Service Temporarily Unavailable" web page errors.

Is this a problem with firewall-type iissues, or is there something up with
MS's web interface? I never used to get these (and come to think on it a bit
more, I think I've been getting these errors from home too, so that should
rule out any local corporate firewall issues.)