Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default source sheet name as a wild card

I add this option to my add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"James" wrote in message ...
I was working on this late last night, than I remembered Ron de Bruin page
and he had some written for what I needed. I need a small modification on
this code. In the SourceShName line I have it pulling all sheets with the
name "Report", but some are my sheet names are called "Report 1, Report 2..."
How can I make it look for anything called Report* or something like that.

Sub RDB_Copy_Sheet()
Dim myFiles As Variant
Dim myCountOfFiles As Long

myCountOfFiles = Get_File_Names( _
MyPath:="H:\myprojdir\GWIS\Humble\Test\part2", _
Subfolders:=True, _
ExtStr:="*.xl*", _
myReturnedFiles:=myFiles)

If myCountOfFiles = 0 Then
MsgBox "No files that match the ExtStr in this folder"
Exit Sub
End If

Get_Sheet _
PasteAsValues:=True, _