Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default current year

Myabe Somthing like This is what you're needing

Option Explicit
Dim DataArray() As Variant
Sub CurrentYear()
Dim Worksheet As Worksheet
Dim aLastRow As Long
Dim i As Variant

Set Worksheet = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<--Change to match your Sheet
aLastRow = Worksheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
ReDim DataArray(0 To aLastRow)

On Error Resume Next
For i = 0 To aLastRow
DataArray(i) = Worksheet.Cells(i + 1, 1)
Worksheet.Cells(i + 1, 1) = Left(DataArray(i), _
Len(DataArray(i)) - 4) & Year(Now)
Next
End Sub

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Rob,

You refer to a range of dates. As 2008 was a leap year, is Feb 29 one of the
dates? If so, how do you want to handle it?

Is the range consecutive like all dates from jan 1 to dec 31? If so, the the
method of entry can be used. Assume first cell is A2 and contains 1/1/2008.
Next cell contains the formula =A2+1 and you copy that formula down. Then
for the next year just edit cell A2 to reflect year 2009.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Rob" wrote in message
I wan to create a macro which will change the dates once a year to the
current year. I have a range of dates beginning with 01/01/2008 and I
want
to change these dates to the current year and I want to be able to run
this
macro each year to update the year that is in the cells to the current
year.
I can replace code but how do I state that to replace 200* with the
current
year. Please help...Thanks in advance.