Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting ™£ ™¦ ™¥ ™* NT

I use your latest macro from 23-03-2009.
Changing this macro to what it is now, does it mean you might want to
change
something in the other one, the non-macro?

I don't think so. The macro visited each cell in each worksheet and (at
first) changed all text to black (actually, Automatic) before applying the
colors to those characters needing the change. The event code (what you are
calling "the non-macro") only applies the color to the symbols in the actual
cell being edited. Now, I might have to change the code for you IF you ever
have a mixture of existing, pre-colored non-symbol text together with your
symbols and you choose to edit only part of that text. The reason I would
have to change the code in that circumstance is because the event code
changes all the existing text in the cell to black (Automatic) before
applying the symbol coloring... so if you had existing colored non-symbol
text in the cell, it would be made black (Automatic) and only the symbols
would be colored. Do you, or would you ever, have such a situation?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Pierre62" wrote in message
Hello Rick,

one more question....

I use your latest macro from 23-03-2009.
Changing this macro to what it is now, does it mean you might want to
change
something in the other one, the non-macro?

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)
Dim X As Long
Dim R As Range
For Each R In Target
R.Characters.Font.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexAutomatic
For X = 1 To Len(R.Value)
Select Case AscW(Mid(R.Value, X, 1))
Case 9824 'Spade symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 23
Case 9827 'Club symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 10
Case 9829 'Heart symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 3
Case 9830 'Diamond symbol
R.Characters(X, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 45
End Select
If X 1 Then 'SA text
If Mid(R.Value, X - 1, 2) = "SA" Then
R.Characters(X - 1, 2).Font.ColorIndex = 7
Next
Next
End Sub

As you can see I changed the colors and NT is SA.

Kind regards,
Pierre