Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default VBA just stops when opening a macro workbook

Your code appears to work OK under test so I can't be sure of exactly what
the problem is but it might be that Excel is attempting to compile macros or
recalculate while the code is attempting to write to the worksheet.

I don't really know if this will help or not but try placing a wait command
immediately after the workbook open line. I understand that the VBA code
stops until the wait time has expired but background activity continues. This
might allow Excel to finsh what it is attempting to do after opening the
workbook. Test with different wait periods. The following waits for 10 secs.

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:10"))

OssieMac

"MSweetG222" wrote:

Hello,

I have written VBA code to open workbooks, perform procedures and then saves
and close the workbooks. Every thing works just fine until I get to a
workbook that has a macro, then my VBA stops just after the workbook with the
macro is opened.
No error messages. It just stops. The call stack totally disappears.

I have tried turning off events just before opening the workbook with the
macro, but that did not work.

I have tried "On Error" statements, that did not work.

I have tried signing with workbook with a trusted certificate, did not help.

QUESTION: What do I need to do to open macro workbooks and perform my
procedures with out my VBA terminating like this?

Example:

Application.EnableEvents = False
Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\Test\ExcelWB_Template.xls"
' This is where my VBA just stops
Range("A1").FormulaR1C1 = "ABC Company"
Range("A2").FormulaR1C1 = "123"

--