Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming
jack jack is offline

Default Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

"Steve Easton" wrote in message

"Jack" <Jack@nowhere wrote in message
Hello,
I have this error, which happens only in Vista.
It happens just at the start of Form_Load routine.
My program is using Excel automation, and I traced the problem is related
to Excel version installed on target computer.
I developed and compiled executable in Excel 2007 environment, but on
Vista there is Excel 2003 installed.
1.
Why the error happens only in Vista?
I have tested executable in WinXP running the same Excel 2003 and there
is not any error.
2.
What else can I do to prevent that problem, besides recompiling exec in
Excel 2003 environment?
Your comments appreciated,
Jack

If the development machine has both 2007 and 2003 installed,
set a reference to Microsoft Excel 11.0 object library instead of the
Microsoft Excel 12.0 object library
and recompile.

Vista with 2003 has no clue what the Microsoft Excel 12.0 object library
is,
hence the error

--

Steve Easton