Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Workbooks.Add question

As usual, you're right.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:52:58 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Just a typo...

The workbook that was created wouldn't have the extension (or path). It would
just be named:

Book11

Chip Pearson wrote:

The Add method takes as an optional parameter a Template file name. If
this is supplied, it uses that file as a template. For example,

Workbooks.Add
just opens a new workbook (based on Book.xlt if that exists in the
XLStart directory).

Workbooks.Add "C:\Book1.xls"
opens a new workbook based on C:\Book1.xls. You'll notice that a "1"
is appended to the file name, so the file open in Excel would be
C:\Book11.xls.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:24:00 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <Barb
wrote:

I have the following line of code in a workbook that I'm working on.

Workbooks.Add ThisWorkbook.Path + "\" + "MyTempWrkSht.xls"

when I get to this line, it opens the workbook that's listed. I thought
Workbooks.Add created a new workbook. Can someone please help me with my
confusion.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt