Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
royend[_2_] royend[_2_] is offline

Default How do I reference a Worksheet from a Form (Add-in for Excel 2

Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
In the code of your link the programmer always needs to open an Excel-file.
Do you know if it is possible to reference the already opened
Excel-application?

A normal scenario would be that the user has opened his/hers Excel Workbook
and then selected my Add-in to do some analysis. It should not be necessary
to reopen the Excel-file, but automatically use the open workbook. But how
can I do this?

Best regards,
royend

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Hi

You need to add a reference to Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library.
Checkout this for C# code (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/office/package.aspx)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria