Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hiran Hiran is offline

Default Upload Excel formats to database

A possible direction I'd like to research is ... XML Maps.

First here's my ideal workflow.

1. User formats a cell range, say like a financial statement, with
lovely formats/conditional formats.
2. Clicks button. Runs code to read the formats and upload to database
(I do this already with the values/formulas. see above)
3. On destination sheet (maybe waaaay across the world!) another user
clicks a button and, Hey Presto!, the same formats appear in the same
range.

Question: is XMLMaps useful here? Is there a small demo somewhere on
this?
Note: I'm primarily interested in a cell range, but if formatting the
whole sheet is easier (with XMLMaps or some other) that will do.

TIA,
Hiran