Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Import data from multiple files

Hi Dean

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/csv.htm

Or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/txtcsv.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dean" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I currently have a data query that imports data from multiple "TEXT" files
in a folder one file at a time when I select them.

I have to individually select the file, the query is run and imports the data.

Is it possible to have Excel open a folder, select all the files
(individually or all together) and import the data. the files are CSV.

I can then manipulate the data once it's in but the time consuming bit is
getting it in. I would use MS Access but don't have it....YET!

Thanks in advance.....