Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dmitriy Shapiro Dmitriy Shapiro is offline

Default Excel 2007 vs. 2003 differencies for custom format [h]:mm:ss

Hi,

In one column (Excel 2003 Xml Spreadsheet document) we have cells with
duration data. Some cells are formatted as "h:mm:ss" (when duration is less
or equal to 24 hours) and some as "[h]:mm:ss" (when duration is longer then
24 hours). We did it in order to display durations correctly when the
document is open in Excel 2007. Otherwise, Excel 2007 adds 240 hours to
duration if we use only "[h]:mm:ss" format. The trick with mixing formats
works for displaying these durations. But it does not work for sorting and
charting, since Excel 2007 still adds 240 hours to every duration formatted
"h:mm:ss".

Please help.

Thanks.