Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Loop macro in selected range

Hi,

There are better ways than this but without seeing macro1; i wrote my own
and guessed what yours does, you could try this.

Sub standard()
For Each c In Range("A1:A4,C7,D9,A11:G11")
c.Select
Application.Run "Macro1"
Next
End Sub

Sub Macro1()
ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub

Mike
"Sjaakve" wrote:

Hi,

I am new to VBA. I dug up a macro on the web somewhere. It does what
is has to do, but only for the active cell. When I select multiple
cells the macro only works on one cell. I would like it to loop, and
do all the cells.

I tried recording a macro for a selection, but only got this:

Range("A1:A4,C7,D9,A11:G11").Select
Range("A11").Activate
Application.Run "Macro1"

and that several times

This is what I would like:

I've selected A1:A4,C7,D9,A11:H11

The excisting macro is named Macro1 and gives the cell a red color.

If I run the macro now only A11 turns red.

I would like a macro that repeats Macro1 for the active selection.

Can anybody tell me how this is done?

Thanx,

Sjaak