Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Shortcut key for add-in macro (Excel 2007)

I didn't realise you were talking about an addin. Macros in addins are not
visible in the Alt-F8 dialog in any Excel version. Normally their macros are
called from a menu button or a shortcut created with OnKey in the Open event
(as I mentioned last time, see OnKey in help).

If you really want to use the shortcut method you'd apply via Alt-F8, the
only way (other than temporarily changing the IsAddin property) is to edit
the bas module in a text method

Export the bas module and remove it
In say Notepad add the first two lines after the macro name

Sub MyMacro()
Attribute MyMacro.VB_Description = "my Macro description"
Attribute MyMacro.VB_ProcData.VB_Invoke_Func = "D\n14"

' shortcutkey is Ctrl-Shift-d
Msgbox My Macro

End Sub

Import the bas module

I should add this is not the recommended way to do it, use OnKey

Regards,
Peter T

"FHgm" wrote in message
Easy to replicate:

Open new workbook (Cntl-N)
Press Record Macro
Name it, and assign to Cntl-Q
(have macro do something simple: add 2 numbers or something)
Now save worksheet as an add-in (either .xlam or .xla)
Close this workbook

Open new workbook
Go to options addin : and now add in the just created .xla file

Note that Cntl-Q works - but there is no way to see this macro using
Alt-F8
or to see what hotkey is assigned, or to reassign the key. (Or to run it
if
you didn't know it existed...)