Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] stamateandreiv@gmail.com is offline

Default MACRO for cell protect after a date is reached

Hello,

In an sheet I need that after a date is reached, some cells to be
protected from writing.

For example: today is 11.03,2009 and after 31.03.2009 some cells
(example A1:G1, A2:G2 etc) from the sheet will be protected for
writing.

I have the following code, but you can unprotect the cells from the
review tab - so this doesnt help me at all:

Range("D6").FormulaR1C1 = "=TODAY()"

final_date = Cells(4, 4).Value
current_date = Cells(6, 4).Value
If current_date final_date Then ActiveSheet.Protect
DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
If current_date <= final_date Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect

End Sub

can you please advise me in this issue? How to protect the cells with
a psswd?

Thank you,
Andrei