Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need a Timer in an Excel Form

Pooh,

In a regular module, use

Option Explicit
Public StartTime As Date
Public RunTime As Date

Sub ShowmyForm()
Load UserForm1
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Sub UpdateTime()
RunTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Format(Now - StartTime, "hh:mm:ss")
Application.OnTime RunTime, "UpdateTime"
End Sub

On the userform, add a textbox (Textbox1) and use

Private Sub UserForm_Deactivate()
Application.OnTime RunTime, "UpdateTime", , False
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
StartTime = Now
UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Format(Now - StartTime, "hh:mm:ss")
RunTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Application.OnTime RunTime, "UpdateTime"
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"wynnyderpooh" wrote in message
I need to display a running timer in an Excel form. Start the timer when the
form opens and stop the timer as the form closes.

I use frmTmr with lblTmr
I have attempted to use the Time functions with no success