Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VBA Editor Window(s) size challenge

Deleting the key will delete any changes you've made to the layout of the VBE.

So you're effectively rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

Just make sure excel is closed when you delete the key from the registry.

wrote:

For future reference to others with this issue: (I was using 2007)

1) In VBE Editor (Alt + F11) position the windows you wish "docked" first.
(Note that the Code window is not Dockable) - so bring it up after #2 next.

2) Resize your Immediate Window AFTER it is docked. (My case bottom right)

3) Bring up your last window (Code window in my case - Upper Right) and maximize it.

4) Now all four windows are EFFECTIVELY Docked and all scroll and slide bars should be visible and
usable in all four boxes

5) As Dave mentioned:
In RegEdit: (backup your Registry first!)
Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Commo n\Dock
Delete it.
Close RegEdit

6) Save your file using the Save button in the VBE Editor

7) DO NOT CLOSE the VBE editor yet; BUT DO close Excel (Which will also close the VBE window)
(If not above sequence, Excel will error as it closes close voiding the changes to VBE windows.)

HTH

wrote:

More specific,

Previously, If I closed the Immediate Window the Code Window would resize. Re establishing the IW,
would in turn, resize that Code Window.

Maybe I only thought I was in Heaven.

wrote:

2003/2007

For years, I have been able to have four stable (size) windows open in the VBA Editor.

Project Explorer Code Window

Properties Immediate Window

Unless I am crazy, all four of those windows were fixed size. Meaning that no matter what module of
the project was double-clicked, the code window would change to the newly selected module-code
and all four windows were distinct (no windows overlapped any other).

Recently, I found that my Immediate Window overlaps the bottom of my Code Window which screws up
what I can scroll-to in the Code Window.

Certainly, I screwed something up. I have tried many ways to resize the Windows and "Docking"
on/off selections but I can not find my "good old" four stable windows.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

EagleOne

--

Dave Peterson