Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VBA Editor Window(s) size challenge

I saved the contents of Tom's post. You could use google groups to search for
it if you want.

And you delete the Dock key--not the entire Comman branch.

It's the same key for xl2007--I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

And did you have excel closed when you did this?

wrote:

Hello Dave,

I saw your comment using Google Search to a prior post to someone else.

My immediate version is 2007. Even still, I found that registry entry and deleted same.

Is it necessary to re-boot the o/s and/or just re-initiate Excel?

Do you have easy access to Tom's link?

My concern is whether the delete is just to "Dock" key
or to "Common." I deleteted just the "Dock" key and that did not bring me back the the "Ole"
windows..

EagleOne

Dave Peterson wrote:

When I screw up the layout (including the tiling), I'll just follow these
instructions from Tom Ogilvy:

What version of excel? If Version 2002 or 2003 look for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Comm on\Dock

you aren't deleting a file. You are deleting a value in the registry.
Windows/Excel will recreate it with default values which should restore the
original layout of the VBE.

wrote:

2003/2007

For years, I have been able to have four stable (size) windows open in the VBA Editor.

Project Explorer Code Window

Properties Immediate Window

Unless I am crazy, all four of those windows were fixed size. Meaning that no matter what module of
the project was double-clicked, the code window would change to the newly selected module-code
and all four windows were distinct (no windows overlapped any other).

Recently, I found that my Immediate Window overlaps the bottom of my Code Window which screws up
what I can scroll-to in the Code Window.

Certainly, I screwed something up. I have tried many ways to resize the Windows and "Docking"
on/off selections but I can not find my "good old" four stable windows.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

EagleOne

--

Dave Peterson