Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Placing a regular excel function in VBA code [HOW?]

Give the code a try...

Sub Macro4()
On Error Resume Next
PrintAddr = "$A$1:$E$" & Range("A1:A40").Find("abc").Row
If Err.Number = 0 Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = PrintAddr
Else
MsgBox "The text ""abc"" did not appear in the specified range!"

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"gordom" wrote in message
Hi everyone.
Im sorry but Im totally illiterate in VBA and have very little
experience in macro (hours only ;). I recorded a macro containing the
following code:

Sub Macro4()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$E$34"
End Sub

What I would like to accomplish is to change "$E$34" into a regular Excel
function:

="$E$" & (MATCH ("abc";A1:A40))

(the function looks for "abc" text in A column and returns the address of
the cell in E column in the same row)

Could someone tell me how it can be done? I was looking in Google for a
while but without success. Thanks in advance,
gordom