Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Edwards[_2_] Richard Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Selecting columns

fantastic. thanks very much.

how odd - as i say it had been working for months...

have a good day.

rich

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Me too, but this works

Private Sub clear_old_locates()
Sheets("MS").Columns("E:I").ClearContents

__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Richard Edwards" wrote in message
Good Morning all - (well it was a good morning until i got out of bed!)

I have been using a workbook for months without any problems and this
morning....not working.

The only piece of code that i have changed is changing the background of
a commandbutton when it is pressed.

The code is:

Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()
CommandButton3.BackColor = vbRed
CommandButton1.BackColor = vbRed
Call clear_old_locates
End Sub

Private Sub clear_old_locates()
Sheets("MS").Select
Columns("E:I").Select
Selection.ClearContents
End Sub

When it reaches the "Columns("E:I").Select" i get an error.

"Run-time error '1004';
Application-defined or object-defined error"

I have tried changing the way i select the column using ranges, etc but
still get thrown out errors...

Any ideas?!

Thx

Richard