Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tomkat743 Tomkat743 is offline

Default Help whith Data parser

Thank you but that formula only looks for one instance in a row the row may
have up to 6 cells that contain either a 1 or a 2. Each time a number 1 or 2
is encountered i need it to report v1.
"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Tonkat,

In cell N4, this looks for any occurence of 1 or 2....

=IF(OR(COUNTIF(U4:Z4,"*1*")0,COUNTIF(U4:Z4,"*2*") 0),V1,"Not Found")

Though I have my doubts as to your problem statement.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tomkat743" wrote in message
what i am trying to do is have a formula or macro that can look in cell u4
then cell v4 then cell w4 and so on, if the cell contains a 1, 2 or -1
report the data in cell v1 to cell n4.

Each row has data from u to cs with about 500 rows of data. I have to parse
each row looking for a 1 or -1 or sometimes even a 2 or -2 then report the
value of the header row to one of 6 blank column rows n to s. There is a
maximum of 6 codes allowed per row hence the 6 blank column rows to show
data. I am trying to parse a spreadsheet designed by someone else so changing
the original layout is not an option.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.