Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fred fred is offline

Default Print referenced file

Thanks Peter.

There's a good example here
http://www.vbaccelerator.com/codelib/shell/shellex.htm

towards the bottom you'll see a sample of how to print, change "Me.Hwnd"
to 0&, or application.hwnd (in XL10+).

you might want to change
ShellExecuteForExplore(Owner, sOperation, sFIle, 0, 0, essSW_SHOWNORMAL)
ShellExecuteForExplore(Owner, sOperation, sFIle, 0, 0, essSW_HIDE)

Regards,
Peter T

"Fred" <leavemealone@home wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how I can print a file reference by a
hyperlink. Most of the referenced files are either PDFs or Word
documents.
I can get the full file name from the hyperlink but how do I print that
file as if clicking on "Print" on the popup menu in windows explorer. I
need to do this from a macro in Excel.

Thanks for any help,
Fred