Sandy

Default Excel Performance issue

Hi Group
This is driving me crazy....
I have a third party file that I use in conjunction with some of my own
files. If I open their file alone the file performs as expected in terms of
response time. However when I open my files the response goes from almost
instantaneous to taking about 40 seconds. If I do repair when I open my
file, the response is somewhat better but as soon as I save that file it
reverts to the "SLOW" mode. I have deleted all macros in my file but this
makes no difference. If I open a file of the relatively same size
(600-700kb) their file works fine. Does any one have any ideas what may be
casuing this problem?
Thanks!