Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Adding hints to my vb functions

Ron,
You can enter the description in Tools | Macro | Macros using the
Option button. The add-in must be unlocked and you have to manually
type in the Function name. The option button is enabled after the
function name is entered. I then save the add-in.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Ron Rosenfeld"

wrote in message
Gord,
Although that method seems to work OK for a VBA project, I tried it with an
**add-in** and the description "doesn't take".
By that I mean if I right-click on the UDF name; enter something in the
Property dialog box; hit <OK. When I immediately re-open the property dialog
box, the entry is blank.
The MacroOptions mentioned by Rick seems to not only work, but, after running,
the description will be in the properties dialog box for my add-in.
--ron