Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding hints to my vb functions

Doh! It never occurred to me to right-click the entry. Okay, I see you can
do the definition there, and that is probably a better way to do it than my
suggestion, but I don't see a way to set the Category from this dialog
box... can the Category be set manually somewhere like this also, or does it
have to be done in code using the method I posted?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

You can also do this manually.

With your UDF workbook open got to VBE, select your workbook/project and
ViewObject Browser

Right-click on the UDF name and under Properties you can type a
description.

Will show up after saving the workbook/project.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 07:34:06 -0800, BJV
wrote:

I've written several user-defined functions in VB. How do I add the
information or tips that appear at the bottom of the "insert function"
dialog
box so my users will have an idea of what the function does?

Thanks,