Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
G Lykos G Lykos is offline

Default Personal.xls - File error: data may have been lost

Ouch. Contains (should I say contained?) a library of assorted home-grown
utilities, and I made recent changes to it that aren't backed up.

Fixing the workbook removes the VBA section.

I can open the corrupted workbook file with Word, as suggested by others,
but the macro libraries appear a mishmash of text and special characters. I
tried the same on a good workbook with the same results, so have not given
up hope that the libraries are for the most part still readable.

The question, then: anyone know of a viewer that can be used on a corrupted
..XLS file to see native VBA modules displayed in readable format ? I'd be
more than pleased just to be able to hunt for and copy snatches of module
code in text format, to be pasted into a new workbook.

Thanks for any ideas!
George