Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt McQueen Matt McQueen is offline

Default ChartAdd event for embedded charts

Peter,

Thanks for the continued input. I tried your original code in a new
spreadsheet. It works fine for sheetactivate and deactivate events and when I
click on the chart it produces a message box with the sheet and chart number.
However it does not produce an event when the chart is created or deleted. I
had already accomplished this at the application level (to ensure I capture
plots in other workbooks).

I tried your amended code... but it doesn't appear to do anything when the
chart is deactivated. I suspect user error on my part, since if I enter:

MsgBox("hello")

in the cht_deactivate event, nothing happens either, which I don't understand.

Jon - typo, should of course be True for the Else case.

Cheers,

Matt