Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
parrot parrot is offline

Default Can't create sheet when importing Excel

I am trying to create an Excel file from my C# program using the Process
function as follows:

string runprog = "c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\OFFICE12\\Excel.exe";
Process.Start(runprog, excelfile);

When Excel opens up it puts my data from excelfile into a sheet named after
the filename itself. I save the file and then I try to read it later using
the following command:

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [excelfile]

It says that it doesn't recognize this table or library. So I have 2
questions:

1. Is there a way I can force the imported data to be stored as a sheet
rather than under the filename I am importing?
2. If not, how do I get my SQL command to recognize the table from my excel
file. Right now the only way I can get it to work is to manually import the
data as a sheet and then use the command strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$].

I want to be able to do its automatically thru a program rather than to
manually create the excel file. Does anyone have suggetions on these
questions?