Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mcarter mcarter is offline

Default dynamic pivot table selection

Please bear with me, I'm sure I don't have the right lingo, but I'll give it
my best shot.

I have a pivot table with page items. I want to be able to write a macro
that will dynamically set a "page" item in the pivot table to what the user
selects from a list on a data validation cell. So if the user selects Monday
in cell A1, I want the pivot table for that page item item to change to
"Monday". I know how to write code to change pivot items for a value that is
predermined. ie I always want the page item to be Monday. But have never
made the code dynamic and interactive with a value in a cell. Thanks!