Peo Sjoblom wrote:
"Allie" wrote:
I'm using Uniform number generation between 0 and 1,
and I am using a random seed, as I would like to be
able to re-generate the same numbers in the future.

Using seeds from 1 to 10, when i fill a range of 16
cells with random numbers

Copy this formula down
=INT(RAND()*(10-1)+1)

Obviously you do not understand what a "seed" is for an
RNG.

Allie is not trying to generate random integers between
1 and 10, which your expression does. In fact, she said
she wants to generate random real numbers between 0 and 1.

A "seed" is a value that is used to initialize an RNG
so that the sequence is repeatable -- as Allie said.
Your expression generates a non-repeatable sequence of
numbers -- hopefully ;-).