Mike Middleton

Allie -

See "Description of the effects of the improved statistical functions for
the Analysis ToolPak in Excel 2003 and in Excel 2004 for Mac," at

specifically, the "Random Number Generation" section.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Allie" wrote in message

I've been trying to generate random numbers using excel's random number
generator in the analysis toolpak. I'm using Uniform number generation
between 0 and 1, and I am using a random seed, as I would like to be able
re-generate the same numbers in the future.

Using seeds from 1 to 10, when i fill a range of 16 cells with random
numbers, the first cell filled is always the lowest. This is an extremely
unlikely circumstance with a true RN generator. I just wanted to raise
this
flag, as it could be affecting others without their knowledge.

Thanks,
Allie