Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Trying to make loop to create series of charts in Excel 2003

When the chart is active, Excel can't find cells on it. You need something
like this:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues =
Worksheets("Data").Range(Worksheets("Data").Cells( 3, 1),
Worksheets("Data").Cells(3, 14))

or

With Worksheets("Data")
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = .Range(.Cells(3, 1), .Cells(3,
14))
End With

Note the dots in front of Range and Cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"JeffL" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a loop to generate a new chart for each column in a
spreadsheet. Macro recorder creates code like this, which I want to
change
to the indexed cell format:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Data!R3C4:R14C4"

I've tried this, but it doesn't seem to work:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues =
Worksheets("Data").Range(Cells(3,
1), Cells(3, 14))