Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TKS_Mark TKS_Mark is offline

Default Japanese in Macros

What is the chr() function? Unfortunately, my programming experience it
limited to recording macros and trying to modify them slightly. If you give
me a hint, I can probably experiment and figure it out.

"PA" wrote:

Can you build your string in japan using the chr() function? Obviously, I
didn't try it on my computer;)

PA

"TKS_Mark" wrote:

I'm sharing an Excel 2007 file with coworkers in Japan. I use the indirect
function to build a formula based on several cells. The problem is, these
don't work on Japanese computers, so the formula results in #REF!

I was able to record a macro on a Japanese computer to translate from
English to Japanese:

Cells.Replace What:="[#Totals]", Replacement:="[#WŒv]", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

The WŒv looks like [#集計] on the Japanese computer. When I run the above
program, nothing happens. There are no warnings, etc. When I paste from the
Japanese macro into the Excel file, it also looks like WŒv.

How can I get the Japanese to be properly recognized?