Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Using SQL command to access Excel

I don't use C#, but can't you give your table fields headers and use
these in the SQL? So for example:

Select * FROM [Sheet1$F:G]
WHERE Field1 ' '"

RBS

"Parrot" wrote in message
I am using the following SQL command in C# to fill a table from an Excel
file.

string strSQL = "Select * FROM [Sheet1$F:G]";
daExcel = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(strSQL,
urlconn);
table = new DataTable();
int ret = daExcel.Fill(table);

This works fine but I can't figure out how to use the WHERE statement for
selective processing. For example, if I use "Select * FROM [Sheet1$F:G]
WHERE [Sheet1$F] ' '", if get an error saying that there is a missing
value. Does anyone know how to use a WHERE statement when accessing an
Excel
file?