Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default Get Part of String

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:05:17 -0600, "Scott"
wrote:

I have the below text values (Column A) in a sheet. For each value, I need
to extract the "8" or "10" within each value into column B. This part of the
text string represents an integer that represents the product length.

Given the fact that this "product length" part maybe a single digit or a
double digit number, I'm trying to find a formula that will extract it no
matter if it's 1 or 2 digits.

Any help?

A B
----------------------------------