Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default =hyperlink causes file opening to change window size

Brett,
Maybe, I misread your complaint. I was pointing out that the
workbook open event does fire when a workbook is opened via
a hyperlink. Something for you to try is to place the window
sizing code in a general module and call it at the end of the
workbook open code.

As far as a multiple windows opening problem, I doubt if
I can help. However, you need to define what you mean...
Multiple windows in the same window (windows1 and windows2); or
A separate instance of excel opens with the workbook; or
The "ShowWindowsInTaskbar" property gets set to true; or ?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Brettjg"
wrote in message
Hi Jim, sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're saying there. However, I added
a msgbox in the open event (for the hell of it). When the msgbox is displayed
the window is at the correct width, I click ok to msg and then the screen
goes to full width (as a result of being opened by =hyperlink). Screen
updating is set before the msgbox *as below) I can add a workshet activate
event to the masters, but it's all the old ones that concern me.

wb open()
blah blah
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox ""

Also, do you have any idea why my folders are now opening in separate
windows (options set to same window)? This only happens when I open a folder
with =hyperlink. This is soundng a bit fishy, esp in conjunction with file
open problem. Regards, Brett